Coding Galaxy Challenge 2022
Improve Student’s Problem Solving Skills, Nurture Future Coding Experts!
(Suitable for applying for Knowing More About IT Programme funding)
Now till 3 June 2022 (Fri) (Registration closed)
Date and Time of Prize Presentation Ceremony：
19 August 2022 (Fri) 3 pm – 4:30 pm
Venue of Prize Presentation Ceremony：
Conference Hall, 4/F, HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong
All Hong Kong primary students
- To promote computational thinking education, arouse students’ interest in learning computational thinking
- To nurture future coding experts by discovering coding talents
- To commend students for their outstanding performance and encourage students to apply what they have learned
It is divided into three major categories:
1) Individual Category, 2) School Category and 3) Modern Cup School Category
Then, according to the level in Coding Galaxy, there are four competition groups: Foundation level, Elementary level, Advanced level and Overall group*, the result of each level within a self-selected period of time will be counted for the competition
*Note: The Overall group will calculate the total score of three levels (i.e. results of the Foundation, Elementary AND Advanced level)
All schools using Modern Education Research Society published computer textbooks are welcome to participate in the Modern Cup School Category and strive for inter-school awards. For details of the Modern Cup, please contact the Modern Sales Team.
- Subscribe a Coding Galaxy account(/s)
- All school subscribed accounts within the registration period will automatically participate in the competition after filling up the confirmation form https://forms.gle/ZQ6sG6c3qNVUuh6p7, and the no. of participating students cannot exceed the no. of subscribed accounts; where individual users apply via online application (https://forms.gle/3pFLUkxieZHByNyF9)
- Participating schools/individuals can self-select a consecutive 4-month time for the competition to match with own teaching/self-study progress
- The final ranking will be based on the total score within the self-selected time
New game rule: Participants should self-select a timeframe throughout the competition period
- All School subscribed accounts within the registration period will automatically join the competition, participating schools will only have to fill in the confirmation form (https://forms.gle/ZQ6sG6c3qNVUuh6p7)
- Participating schools will have to select a consecutive 4-month time between 1 Sep 2021 and 31 July 2022 in the confirmation form
- School Category: Please fill in the confirmation form https://forms.gle/ZQ6sG6c3qNVUuh6p7.
- Individual Category: students from participating schools in the school category will automatically join the individual category. Also accept application from individual primary students subscribed from online platforms e.g. 3HK/ 3Mall, please fill in the online application form to confirm the self-selected competition time at https://forms.gle/nvuavJn66HCt4Ubi6
- Modification of the self-selected competition time is NOT allowed once it is confirmed
- Modern Cup: Please contact Modern’s Sales Team at 2745 1133 for application
- Students are required to perform computational thinking missions in Coding Galaxy during the school-selected / self-selected 4-month time
- Completing each level will earn a chance to get 1-3 stars where 3 stars are the maximum. Participants must plan the shortest route and collect all the gems in order to get the 3 stars
- Overall, the one who gets the most stars in the self-selected competition time wins
- If it appears that two or more students obtain the same number of stars at the end, the shorter total time they spend to successfully pass each level with a three-star result will win (i.e. the total time spent before the three-star clearance will also be counted which is the mission time for a zero/one/two-star is also included)
- The results of the competition will be announced in early August 2022
The Competition is divided into Individual Category and School Category, and the below prizes are set:
- Students with outstanding computational thinking performance will be nominated by the schools to be the Coding Amabassador
Coding Galaxy Demonstration
Can the school entrants be formed by different levels of students?
Yes. Coding Galaxy is suitable for Primary 1 – 6 students.
How do I or my students enter the competition?
School Users (School Category and Individual Category):
All School subscribed accounts within the Registration period will automatically join the competition, participating schools will only have to fill in the confirmation form https://forms.gle/ZQ6sG6c3qNVUuh6p7 .
School Users (Modern Cup School Category):
For schools using Modern Education Research Society published computer textbooks, please contact Modern’s Sales Team at 2745 1133 for application.
Individual Users (Individual Category):
Students from participating schools in the school category will automatically join the individual category. Also accept application from individual primary students subscribed from online platforms e.g. 3HK/ 3Mall, please fill in the online application form to confirm the self-selected competition time at https://forms.gle/nvuavJn66HCt4Ubi6
Are there any software or hardware requirements?
Participants should have a valid Coding Galaxy account and download the Coding Galaxy application (iOS and Android supported) on their smartphones or tablets.
If our school does not have any Coding Galaxy accounts, how do we register?
To subscribe Coding Galaxy. Please contact us (tel/whatsapp 6996 5394, email:email@example.com) or our partners Coding101 OR Modern Educational Research Society Limited.
Coding 101 Whatsapp 9432 6472 / Tel 3705 2490 firstname.lastname@example.org
Modern Educational Research Society Limited Tel 2745 1133
Individual entrant may subscribe Coding Galaxy via 3HK/3Mall and fill up the application form
Terms and Conditions:
- The organizer reserves the right to publish the list of participants and winners, as well as related event photos and public works for publicity purposes.
- Participants must agree to accept any form of interview or publicity activities arranged by the organizer and co-organizer without any objection.
- The organizer reserves the right to change or cancel the content and rules of the event without prior notice.
- Please refer to the product use agreement for details and definitions of the levels.
- Once registered, it is deemed to have agreed to and abide by the event policies set by the organizer.
- Products and activities are subject to terms and conditions.
- In case of any dispute, the organizer reserves the right of final decision.
About Coding Galaxy
Coding Galaxy is a computational thinking learning platform that is designed for Primary and Secondary students. The comprehensive curriculum of Coding Galaxy helps learners to enhance computational thinking, communication skill and creativity. Equipped your students with the basic of coding and to solve future challenges in the age of AI.
Coding Galaxy consists of 3 levels of difficulty. By connecting computational thinking with concrete daily examples, Coding Galaxy helps learners visualize and make concepts accessible. The flexible and varied curriculum allows learning to happen not only in the classroom, but also after class through the app to achieve self-learning, or even in extra-curricular courses, to master computational thinking.