Showcase Your Creativity, Challenge Yourself!
- Provide a platform where students can demonstrate their problem-solving skills
- Appreciate students’ effort in learning computational thinking concepts
- Arouse students’ interest in STEAM
- Discover students’ potential in coding concept
- Recognize students’ outstanding performance and encourage them to apply what they have learned
Now – 31 Jan 2024
free of charge for Coding Galaxy app subscribers
Self-selected 4-month period from 1 Oct 2023 to 31 Jan 2024 or from 1 Feb to 31 May 2024
Early Jul 2024 (exact date to be provided)
All Hong Kong primary students
The competition is divided into three major categories:
1) NetDragon Cup – Individual Category (application: https://forms.gle/hDTUCxjiBH6Mcx566)
2) NetDragon Cup – School Category (application: https://forms.gle/hDTUCxjiBH6Mcx566)
3) Modern Cup School Category (application: https://shorturl.at/lnFNT)
In NetDragon Cup – School Category, there are 2 streams – Lower Primary (P1-3) and Upper Primary (P4-6). Upon successfully enrolled in the competition, schools are automatically eligible to join both streams.
As for NetDragon Cup – Individual Category, students are also divided into Lower Primary (P1-3) and Upper Primary (P4-6) streams. In each stream, they are further divided into 3 levels based on the level of difficulty in Coding Galaxy app, namely, Foundation, Elementary and Advanced.
Only the results within the self-selected period will be counted as the final results for the competition.
- The no. of participants of a school cannot exceed the no. of its subscriptions
- Participating schools/individuals can self-select a consecutive 4-month time for the competition to fit in with their teaching/self-study progress
- The final result and ranking will be based on the total score within the self-selected timeframe and the total time spend.
- Schools using Modern Education Research Society’s computer textbooks can join the Modern Cup School Category. For details, please contact the Modern Sales Team at 2745 1133
Students from participating schools will automatically be considered as the contestants in individual category, and therefore NO NEED to apply separately.
- Students should log into their Coding Galaxy accounts and finish as many missions as possible during the competition period.
- Students are advised to complete the game level by level to increase the chance of winning as individual participants.
- Students will earn 1-3 stars for successfully completing a mission, depending on the numbers of steps used to pass a mission, where 3 stars is the best result. Players should plan the shortest route and collect all the gems in order to get 3 stars.
- To both school category and individual category, those with the most stars win.
- If it appears that two or more students obtain the same number of stars, the shorter total time spent to successfully pass each level with a three-star result will win (that means the total time spent before the three-star clearance will also be counted, i.e. mission time for a zero/one/two-star is counted.
Prizes and eligibilities
To honour students’ hard work in learning computational thinking skills, two students with top performance from each participating school will be nominated as Coding Ambassador of the year.
Codi Ambassadors will receive a certificate and be invited to the awards ceremony to celebrate their achievements.
Coding Galaxy 計算思維挑戰賽2023頒獎禮花絮
Can the school entrants be formed by different levels of students?
Yes. Coding Galaxy is suitable for Primary 1 – 6 students.
How do I or my students enter the competition?
School Users (School Category and Individual Category):
All School subscribed accounts within the Registration period will automatically join the competition, participating schools will only have to fill in the confirmation form https://forms.gle/hDTUCxjiBH6Mcx566.
School Users (Modern Cup School Category):
For schools using Modern Education Research Society published computer textbooks, please fill in the form https://shorturl.at/lnFNT. If there’s any questions, please contact Modern’s Sales Team at 2745 1133.
Individual Users (Individual Category):
Students from participating schools in the school category will automatically join the individual category. Also accept application from individual primary students subscribed from online platforms e.g. 3HK/ 3Mall, please fill in the online application form to confirm the self-selected competition time at https://forms.gle/hDTUCxjiBH6Mcx566
Are there any software or hardware requirements?
Participants should have a valid Coding Galaxy account and download the Coding Galaxy application (iOS and Android supported) on their smartphones or tablets.
If our school does not have any Coding Galaxy accounts, how do we register?
To subscribe Coding Galaxy. Please contact us (tel/whatsapp 6996 5394, email:email@example.com) or our partners Coding101 OR Modern Educational Research Society Limited.
Coding 101 Whatsapp 9432 6472 / Tel 3705 2490 firstname.lastname@example.org
Modern Educational Research Society Limited Tel 2745 1133
Individual entrant may subscribe Coding Galaxy via 3HK/3Mall and fill up the application form
Terms and Conditions:
- The organizer reserves the right to publish the list of participants and winners, as well as related event photos and public works for publicity purposes.
- Participants must agree to accept any form of interview or publicity activities arranged by the organizer and co-organizer without any objection.
- The organizer reserves the right to change or cancel the content and rules of the event without prior notice.
- Please refer to the product use agreement for details and definitions of the levels.
- Once registered, it is deemed to have agreed to and abide by the event policies set by the organizer.
- Products and activities are subject to terms and conditions.
- In case of any dispute, the organizer reserves the right of final decision.
About Coding Galaxy
Coding Galaxy is a computational thinking learning platform that is designed for Primary and Secondary students. The comprehensive curriculum of Coding Galaxy helps learners to enhance computational thinking, communication skill and creativity. Equipped your students with the basic of coding and to solve future challenges in the age of AI.
Coding Galaxy consists of 3 levels of difficulty. By connecting computational thinking with concrete daily examples, Coding Galaxy helps learners visualize and make concepts accessible. The flexible and varied curriculum allows learning to happen not only in the classroom, but also after class through the app to achieve self-learning, or even in extra-curricular courses, to master computational thinking.